Wettbewerbe und Ausschreibungen
Guggenheim Internship 2012
NUR FÜR STUDIERENDE DER ANGEWANDTEN
As part of the co-operation between the Vienna University of Applied Arts and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, a vacancy is available for a student from the University to undertake two months of practical training (August and September).
This practical training is intended to provide experience in museum operations (from the sale of catalogues and answering of questions from museum visitors, to ticket sales and administrative tasks). Moreover, during the course of training there will be opportunities to attend a diversity of international lectures and to visit museums. The participating students, who will be coming from all over the world, will be able to gather expertise and establish contacts with gallery owners and curators.
Prerequisites for an application
- Applicants must be students of the Vienna University of Applied Arts from the second study stage (from the Fine Arts, Media Design and Art Teaching Departments)
- Applicants may not be older than 28
- Applicants must have excellent English and Italian language skills
- Applicants must have excellent study results
- Personal details with photo (first and second names, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date and place of birth, nationality, passport number, language skills)
- Certificates/copy (2nd study stage)
- Motivation letter: one A4 page (1,800 characters including spaces) with texts in both English and Italian (Why I wish to undertake this practical training)
A jury appointed by the Vienna University of Applied Arts will invite the applicants to an interview. The relevant dates and times will be made known by the University Public Relations Department.
Without exception, all documents must be handed in to the University Public Relations Department.
For further information, please contact Mag. Anja Seipenbusch-Hufschmied.
Contact Vienna University of Applied Arts
Public Relations Department, Altbau, 2. Stock
Oskar Kokoschka-Platz 2, 1010 Vienna, Austria
T: +43-1-711 33-2160
F: +43-1-711 33-2169
More detailed information concerning the PEGGY GUGGENHEIM INTERNSHIP PROGRAM VENICE 2012 is available under: