Hofrätin Dr. phil. Gabriele Jurjevec-Koller
Deputy head: MMag. phil. Johanna Totschnig
News (in German)
The University Library represents the Universitys central information unit. It supports studies, teaching and research at the University through the provision and conveyance of printed, electronic and audiovisual information carriers for all areas of studies offered.
The University Library provides its stock to the public for professional and general educational purposes. It promotes the information competence of its users, i.e. the ability to select, employ and critically evaluate information sources via training and individual consulting.
The University Library is open to the (general) public. All of its stocks are searchable through the online catalogue, may be used in the reading rooms and to a predominant extent may be borrowed for use at home.
The University Library offers
- ca. 100.000 monographs (focus areas are art, architecture and design of the 20th and 21st century)
- more than 400 journal subscriptions
- ca. 400 online journals and 14 online databases, which are accessible on the campus resp. for students and teachers also from outside via VPN
- a media library with about 8.000 audiovisual documents, including 4.500 DVDs and video tapes (artist videos, movies, documentaries)
- Special collections: artist books / female-specific and feminist literature / source literature on surrealism / japanese woodcut books
- Trainings in library use, mailing list for current information
- Study desks, workplaces for online search, audio/video/DVD players, copy/print/scan facilities
- Loan card available at journal reading room upon presentation of student card (for students) or photo identification (for all other persons) and official registration certificate as a proof of address
- Loan period: 28 days
- Loan limit: 10 items
- Loan renewals via internet or telephone only possible, if loan period has not expired
- Reminder charges incur for overdue loans
- Book container for books returned outside opening hours
- Reservation via internet possible, confirmation by e-mail, book held back for 5 opening days
- Order for books from cellar stores via e-mail possible
- Special conditions for students writing theses or dissertations