Application requirements, info and forms are available at the International Office!Application Deadlines
- For short-term, specialist courses
- Scientific work in other countries
This funding may only relate to studies in other countries lasting a maximum of 5 months. The rates for countries within Europe
amount to EUR 400 and for overseas states to EUR 800 per month. However, the maximum sum to be paid is restricted to EUR 2.400.
In all cases, the allocation of a scholarship is dependent upon the coverage available from university budget funds.
- Applications are only possible, when the planned project is to be completed in connection with preparations for degree work,
a thesis, or specialist post-graduate activities (max. 2 years after the graduation)
- Austria as the permanent place of residence and the focal point of interests (e.g. career, studies)
- at the time of the application, the candidate may not be in another country for the realisation of his/her educational objective
Academic staff can also apply for grants for international stays according with the same deadlines under “International Relations Advancement.”
- Application form with photo
- complete curriculum vitae with precise description of studies to date
- a detailed study and research plan for the international scholarship period, which above all must clarify the necessity of
course attendance for the degree or special further training
- two letters of recommendation from a professor at our university (whereby in the case of degree and doctoral students one
of these recommendations must come from the dissertation/thesis tutor), in which the necessity and duration of the international
study is confirmed, a list of grades and if required, degree certificate
- Confirmation of attendance at the course, or confirmation of the salary for the internship (or confirmation that it is unpaid)
provided by the desired international institution (support commitment)
- a budget plan that clarifies the intended form of financing (e.g. grants, own earnings, loans) by means of a comparison with
living expenses and possible course fees. The study and research costs included in the budget should be evidenced by confirmation
from the international institution
For all positive applications: AFTER MOBILITY you have to hand in confirmations and a personal report (A4) of your project. For academic staff also the
original bills and receipts are necessary. Otherwise the grant will be claimed back!
Equality for Mobility (EfM) - Equality for Mobility Scholarship
The Equality for Mobility (EfM) grant supports short-term mobilities for students with care responsibilities, students with disabilities, and/or students
with economic barriers - preferably without prior experience abroad - in order to create economic equity among students in
terms of mobility experiences.
Funding duration 2 days to 5 months (one semester)
Funding amount* is a maximum of 2.400 € (in addition to the International Scholarship or Erasmus+ Scholarship)
Equality for Mobility (EfM) can be applied for by regular students from the University of Applied Arts Vienna (no graduate students) exclusively in connection
with an application for the International Scholarship (“Auslandsstipendium”) or an Erasmus+ Scholarship**.
In addition to a positive confirmation of the planned project abroad (e.g. confirmation of a stay abroad at a university,
internship, research activity, etc.), one of the factor(s) for the granting of the (EfM) scholarship must be applicable and must be supported by detailed justification and any supporting documents:
- Childcare responsibilities / other caregiving responsibilities / support payments
- Impairment (disability, chronic physical or mental illness)
- Economic obstacles
- EfM application form (including justification and statutory declaration).
- Supporting documents by appropriate evidence****
- Application documents must be requested from the International Office and submitted by the respective deadline.
After completion of the project abroad, a confirmation/certificate and a personal report (max. 1 A4 page) must be submitted, otherwise the
grant must be reclaimed.
* Equality for Mobility (EfM) is distributed to applicants twice a year, transparently and on a pro rata basis according to the jury's decision, and is
subject to an internal maximum scale. Guidelines for a stay abroad of 3 months or more, whereby the granting of the scholarship
is in any case dependent on the budgetary means of the university: Low (800 € with child or impairment, excl. economic obstacles),
Medium (1.600 € economic obstacles without further factors), High (2.400 € at least 2 factors must apply).
** If a study stay or internship is funded by Erasmus+, the Erasmus+ grant will be applied for directly by the EU in case of care obligation and/or impairment of the student. In
this case, only funding in case of economic obstacles can be applied for from the EfM.
*** Declaration, CV and financial plan must be submitted additionally in connection with an Erasmus+ grant, as these documents
are already requested in connection with the “Auslandsstipendium”.
**** Evidence can be: Confirmation of the hardship fund of the Student Union within the last 3 semesters, study allowance,
proof of childcare or other care obligations, alimony payments, bank statements, study allowance, disability certificate,
medical certificate, etc.
BMBWF Auslandsstipendium für Studierende der KünsteThis grant is given from the Austrian Ministry for studyexchanges into a MASTER program with a duration of one or two semesters
(max. 9 months).
Bachelorstudy or equal has to be completed with excellency!
Only exchanges to international Art Universities for studymobility, who do NOT take part in the ERASMUS+ Programm. Duration: 4-9 monthsAge: under 35 yearsGrant given: EUR 600 p. monthDeadline: anytimeAll detailed information: International Office (Expositur Postgasse 6 / 2. Stock)
- Target group: students
- Country of origin: Citizenship of a member state of the European Union
- Maximum age: 35 years
- Department: Artistic studies at an Austrian art university
- Preliminary studies: The preliminary studies (Bachelor or 1st or 2nd diploma section, at least 6 semesters) must be completed with distinction.
- Ongoing studies: Excellent study success as part of the ongoing studies. Compliance with the standard period of study with two additional
- Proof of study success: The artistic major (if available) must be completed abroad, at least 12 ECTS per semester or 27 ECTS per academic year are
- Target country: ALL (excl. the 27 EU member states including their overseas territories, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey, Republic
of Macedonia and Serbia)
- Informal application: description and justification of the study project at the host university
- CV curriculum vitae
- Bachelor's or intermediate diploma
- General certificate of the current study
- Signed learning agreement regarding the recognition of the central artistic subject by the Dean of Studies Prof. Josef Kaiser
and the host university
- Confirmation of admission from the host university
- Approval of the teacher of the central artistic subject of the home university
- Statement of costs and financing plan